Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sniffs of the Week (or so)

Very busy the past week or so. Been a lot of places, did a lot of things (as in fixing up the house/housecleaning) and some got shopping in!

In Store sniffs-

Hello Kitty. Why do I even bother taking a whiff of things like this? Pure noisiness. Sugar & Apples. No thanks.

Demeter Pure Soap. Not a bad scent for a $5 roll-on at my local drugstore. Smells like soap, with maybe a hint of musk, clean musk. It certainly smelled better than the Vanilla Cake Batter sitting next to it.

Burberry Body.  Different. I don't think I like it. My girlfriend has been raving about this so I had to try it. My nose was shutting off at that point so I will give this another go. (why is it that whenever I go to Sephora or Ulta my nose stops working? Even the coffee beans don't help much. Is it perhaps these "new" fragrances are weak?)

Chanel Coco Mad. EDT version. I like this, it's not really me, but maybe it is? I've really been getting into Chanels lately.

Chanel no.19 Poudre. I think I'll stick to my vintage no.19 and save my money. Vintage 19 makes a bold statement, the Poudre is wimpy in comparison.

Smelled off others:

Estee Lauder Beautiful (from a friend at work). It smelled beautiful. Really. It smelled a bit like Mitsouko but then I realized that the last time I wore the jeans I had on I was wearing Mitsouko so it might have been me. Ok, ok, no I don't run around in dirty clothes, I wore them twice then they got washed. It helps the envoirment and the water bill.  Nor to a apply perfume to my pants, I was thinking since I had Mitsouko on my fingertips, perhaps some got transferred to my pants via my pockets or whatever.

I found a tester of Beautiful in the store and it didn't smell like Mitsouko, it was floral and sweet. My other girlfriend wore this on her wedding day waaaay back in 1992. I remembered asking her what it was, I liked the scent. I like the scent now, but not really enough to buy a bottle.

I don't know exactly what it was, but somebody was reeking of perfume in the Walgreens down the street. My guess was Calvin Klein's Europhia or Narciscio Rodriguez. They must have sprayed themselves from head to toe, I couldn't even tell who it was, it was just an invisible perfume cloud floating around the store.

Angel Garden of Stars Le Lys. My Angel lovin' girlfriend wore this to work. I knew right off that she wasn't wearing her regular Angel, I just couldn't figure out which flanker it was. Le Lys is my 2nd favorite flanker out of the series, La Rose is my 1st.

John Galliano EDP. Another friend at work. I said, "Oh, what have you got on? Smells nice." What a big dummy I am, I'm the one who got her into that and hooked her up with a bottle. Oh well, win some, lose some.

A man getting out of his car in a parking lot smelled fabulous. I don't know if it was him or he had a fragrance-like air freshener in his car. It kind of sucks with men fragrances, if I don't know the guy I don't want to ask for fear of him thinking I'm flirting or trying to pick him up.

Serge Lutens Gris Clair. Off my husband. I need to hide the bottle better, he not only sneaked some sprays out of it, he took it to work with him and left it in the car. He has plenty of fragrances, why pick this one? (I shouldn't be so greedy, but he has been pissing me off with things lately.)

And purchases.....

On a side note, I spent way more than I should have recently. I went overboard. I may have to shut myself off for a while. Still have money for the bills and all, I just went a little crazy. Not just perfumes, I got new clothes (just 2 pairs of pants and 2 tops) plus some items for the house, sheets and kitchen things. Am really broke right now  : P

Serge Lutens Boreno 1834. Love. Love. LOVE. Used bottle, great price, how could I resist? Wore it the other day, was smelling exquisite chocolates and patchouli all day.

Boucheron Japiur. Oops, I meant to get the Safir Japiur. Slaps self. I didn't realize they had flankers of this, although the Japuir came first. I think this was all she had of Boucheron, other than Trouble (a possible future purchase). Am in the middle of testing this to see if it's a keeper or not.

Dior Miss Dior EDT. A new/old stock purchase, one ounce for $44. I am wondering how old this "old stock" is, it's in the white packaging. I think I should have held out and got the older version in the hounds tooth packaging, located at another store for about $10 more.

Chanel no.5 Sensual Elixir. Wow, pure heaven. It's a perfume gel, do I slather this all over myself or where I usually apply perfume? A few dabs on my arm lasted quite a while. A keeper.

Miss Habanita by Molinard. Different for me, rather on the sweet side. The dry down was the most beautiful creamy scent. Need to fully test drive this.

No comments:

Post a Comment