Monday, August 29, 2011

Scent & Taste

Don't even bother taking a quick (or deep huff) of your wrist if you recently have had a peperoncini in your mouth. First I got a taste of the pepper, then it's slight fire which radiated to the roof of my mouth, then to the back of my throat, and from there up my nose. Peperoncini aren't really hot, but hot enough for me to create a slight burning sensation which I still feel an hour later. I have gastritis so I really shouldn't be eating things like that, I love the peperoncini in small amounts-like in a salad or on an Italian sub like I had today, I just have a little, 1/2 of sub, plus a few tiny bites of the peppers, it's enough heat for me.

In-between bites I took a sniff of my wrist, couldn't smell a thing. All I got from my nose was the heat from the peppers. Now that the fire is out I am enjoying Chanel Allure EDP. I seem to be on a Chanel kick lately. Well, I liked the Allure Sensuelle so much it led to me trying the others. I even scored a bottle of the Allure Homme for Hubby, which I'm going to put away until Christmas. Heck, while I'm on a roll I may even give No.5 another go, something I haven't worn since I was a teenager. A few weeks ago I was in that horrid Macy's and gave myself a couple of spritzes of Cristalle that was on display. Not a wise move, it smelled terrible, has this been reformulated? This carp smelled old, sour, sharp, dusty, not good at all. I have a small bottle that was my mother's and I don't recall it smelling bad. Will have to revisit that one, too.

Back to the Allure EDP, this stuff is fabulous. Smooth and slightly sweet, must be the peach note giving me the impression of sweet. Love it. It's much more vanilla/oriental than the Sensuelle.  Very vanilla but not gourmand at all. A perfume-y vanilla, a grown up vanilla. And of course I get a bit of muskyness, although musk isn't listed in the notes, not the note lists that I've seen. But not dirty/sexual musk like in Sensuelle. And it's not as heavy/heady as Sensuelle, it's easier to wear. Not to say that Allure isn't a sexy perfume, it is, just not as sexy as Sensuelle. I do like it very much.

Why is it when I only buy a small amount (my bottle is only 10ml) I practically fall in love with it, but when I blind buy a larger size, many times it's ho-hum? Should I run out to the vintage store that has Chanels for $65 and pick up one? I recall they had Chance (ugh) No.5 and 19 and Allure EDP. I am itching to try Coco Mademoiselle, yes I've tried it before but I feel like trying it again. Can't do today, we're going to the mall to get a new cellphone for Hubby. There is that awful Macys there, what's new that I can check out? Of course I'll try the Coco Mad while there. Maybe the new Prada Candy? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment