Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chanel Allure Sensuelle or What I Did On My Day Off Last Week

When you only have one day off a week you cram as much as humanly possible into it. Laundry, light house keeping (because making this place immaculate is impossible right now), bill paying and such are done either the night before or on the day when I work the night shift.

A few days before the day off I stumbled upon an auction for Chanel Allure Sensuelle, bid & got outbid all in the final seconds. I thought I had a sample around here somewhere, found it in my mother's stuff and it was Allure EDP, which smells better than my EDT version. Fueled by being outbid, reading that it's no longer available in the US, I decided to try the vintage perfume stores that I frequent. Plus I had an appointment in that area so....that morning I hopped on a bus, went to the appointment then did some shopping. First store, no Allure, second store no Allure but a tempting big bottle of Gucci Accenti but at $55 or so I declined. Instead, I bought a new pair of pajamas because I co-worker that drives me to work keeps showing up extra, extra early and I didn't want to be seen in the same PJs all the time.

Caught another bus (a long ride, not long as in Greyhound long, but long enough for my arse to nearly fall asleep) and went to the 3rd perfume store. I am having a love/hate relationship with that place, well more with the store owner but that's another post. I wound up with a 1.7 oz  bottle of EDT- as to how I "wound up" is another post again. I also bought 3 bottles of Balenciaga's Michelle and a vintage Cafe for Men for Hubby. $85 total in the store, $65 for the Chanel, which I wasn't even sure if it was authentic at first. I couldn't really smell it, I think my nose had worn out that day. A wearing told me otherwise.

I wore the Allure Sensuelle today and it's fabulous, even for an EDT it's beautiful. And STRONG. A little goes a long way, and that's coming from someone who likes their perfumes strong. It really doesn't wear on me like an Oriental, at first it's a harsh blast of bergamot, pepper and some spices. I think pepper and spices bloom on me. Like it's name, this juice smells sensual, the scent brings to mind beautiful lingerie, lounging in and around the sheets with a partner,  it's got sort of a sex smell, almost like sweat, but not really sweat, not dirty sweat or cumin, nothing unclean, but like perspiration in a way. It's a deep smell, oh, this is tough. It's sexy & musky. Warm, something you want to get close to, to snuggle up with, or nuzzle. Sexy and classy.

Will I wear this again? Yes, I've already worn it a couple of times in the past week.

Would I wear this to work? Yes, I have, but lightly applied.

Actually, I'd like to get s whiff of the EDP of this, I like it THAT much.

NOTE: This scent seems to "stick" to clothing, after one washing I could still smell a bit of it in my shirt, and I did NOT spray my clothes with it.


4 comments:

  1. There are lots of great reasons why you should give it a shot, and some of them may surprise you. If you have any doubts, you can easily get over them with practice, but you can also benefit from the following reasons. Get more interesting details about lesbian sex check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you've never been a part of a cam lifestyle or don't know what it's all about, then Big Chocolate may be the perfect place for you to become involved. Click here to get more info about sex cam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The novelties The Rose Sex Toy by cervical gel brings to the table make this toy unlike any other product on the market. The materials used are all body safe, meaning it will not harm a woman in any way. To learn more about Rose Toy Reviews, visit on hyperlinked site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clinics are also closed on the last Thursday of the month. At an STD clinic, a nurse will ask you about your sexual history. Tell them about any symptoms you have, your last period, and any previous pregnancy. You are curious to know more about sex advice, visit here.

    ReplyDelete