Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day 2011

Ahhhhh, Labor Day, a celebration of social contributions of workers. The end of summer. No more wearing white-I'm old school. Hmmm, do I even have any white purses or shoes? Nope.

Friday afternoon I made potato salad before working the night. That's the closest to celebrating we'll be doing around here: potato salad. It's summery and it's barbeque fare. There's just no BBQ or hot dogs to go with it. Both me and Hubby worked all weekend and are working today.

I must have worked every Labor Day since 1992-when I began the job I'm at currently. I'm not complaining, it's time and a half.  I will do my celebrating sometime after payday, maybe even with this week's paycheck, depending on how much I get to work this week & after figuring out whatever bills need to be paid, etc. Going to Barney's and sniffing up all the Serge Lutens is still on the radar. I have a list, all I need is the time and the luck of getting myself up, dressed and out of the house early enough to do my thing without being rushed.

The end of summer also marks the end of my crazy working season. The working nearly every day, pulling double shifts, sometimes coming in on my day off, picking up extra shifts while others are on vacation, that all comes to an end about now. Sometimes not. You never know. It's feast or famine. Hey if it is, I just work what ever shifts they give me and go back to doing Ebay, it's what I do every year somewhat.

What fragrances will I be putting away when the summer is over? Not many,  as much of what I've been wearing can be go through the fall and into the winter. I can see me wearing Jil Sander's Sun on Indian Summer days & nights, along with the Aliens, Chamade and Patou's Eau De Patou, although Sun got worn the most out of those.

This summer wasn't so hot so what I planned to wear in the heat didn't get worn much. Diesel's Zero whatever wasn't a hit with me, didn't even wear it out of the house. I was dabbling in Guerlain's Terracotta Voile d'Ete, didn't fall in love with it, it's a very pretty scent-and that's about it, it doesn't bring much else to the table. 

Thierry Mugler's Angel Sunessence Ocean d'Argent, La Rose Ange, Le Lys, Eau De Star and Womanity got several wearings. Womanity will be shelved for the winter. Or maybe I'll drag it out on a few dreary, snowy winter days. I've also noticed some sneezing around me when I've worn it. Hmmmm? Still undecided on the Angels & Eau De Star. I do not get to wear those often because my girlfriend and co-worker (my work-wife, lol) wears Angel religiously (uh, no pun intended) and I don't want to match or try to steal the spotlight when I'm with her. She wears it well, very well, it smells different on her and I let her bask in it solo when I'm around, if that makes any sense. I gave her samples of the flankers that I had to see what she thought of them. Haven't heard any thoughts yet.

Hands down Madame De Carven is what I wore the MOST this summer and it will get it's own post whenever I get around to it. And that one will be kept in heavy rotation well after the summer ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment