Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Perfume Partner

An interesting weekend.  I was given not one, but two perfumes while at work! How do you like that?  I have found a perfume partner at work! We were friendly anyway  & our conversations often turn to fragrance (and skin care, hair care, all that). He's not as overboard as me, but enjoys fragrances. He calls himself a "metrosexual"-I dunno, I have heard the term before but still had to look that one up. He's a year older than me, been married about as long as I've been, oh, and he grew up one street away. Small world.

He is much more concerened with his looks than I. He has mentioned wanting work done on his face. Those ideas have crossed my mind, but right now I'm just taking things as they come, I'm happy that I look younger than I am. Whatever happens in the future, well I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I'm too busy fighting grey hairs and unwanted hair to be worrying about crow's feet. I would LOVE to get a breast augmentation, nothing fake or bigger, I'd like mine higher. I'd run around bra-less, something that I haven't done since I was 10 or so.

Back to my buddy, one perfume in his arsenal is Drakkar, which I fell in love with and got a bottle for Hubby. Couple of weeks ago he sprayed  ne with a sample of....oops, I forgot what it was now! Whatever it was, it was a men's fragrance and I wasn't in the mood for wearing one. Didn't smell bad, though. He showed me how he takes an empty sample spray, somehow bites off the nozzle and fills it with whatever he wants to take to work. I didn't need to see or hear anymore, next day I brought him in some brand new empty atomizers (plastic 4mls) a bulb, a couple of funnels, and two 1ml decants of men's fragrances he should try. He was so happy with it all the next day he gave me an  atomizer which he filled up one of the with some of his stuff for me to give to Hubby. It's ok, my husband likes it more than I do. I might decant him some Kouros next time. Right now I feel like taking a few huffs out of the bottle, it's that sexy. It's filthy. Ahhh.

What does my buddy do with the decants I gave him? He puts one on each wrist, his clothes are already drenched with his own scent of the week (the one he decanted for my Hubby) and asked a few women at work their opinions. He chose women in different age brackets. He figured whatever these women were the most enthralled with he'd wear, something like that. They all picked his own scent of the week-which was this. They didn't pick the Rochas Man or Daim Blond that I decanted. Humpgh.I'm teaching my perfume partner as we go along. I had to tell him to wear what he scent loved, whatever makes him feel confident and/or sexy-whatever scent turned him on, something that brings a smile to his face whenever he gets a whiff of it,  not what others voted on. All this from me, who has been drowning myself in Madame De Carven nearly every day because it seems to bring about the most positive reactions from the work-husband (a man other than my perfume friend) whenever I wear it around him. Well, I usually do the wear it for myself thing, but I seem to be stuck on Madame. It never ceases to thrill me whenever I get a whiff. Madame had a day off today, I wore Molinard Orient de Chypre, a test drive. So far so good, I like it very much.

The other perfume I was given was a sample vial of Cartier's Baiser Vole from a very kind co-worker. I just commented on how nice her perfume smelled and she spilled the beans-what it was, where she got the samples, and gave me one. I like Baiser De Vole but haven't fully tested it, just took a few sniffs from the bottle. It seems to have a lot of vanilla for a perfume that doesn't list any vanilla notes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment