Sunday, April 22, 2012

Because into each life some Pink Sugar must fall....

http://serenitynme.deviantart.com/art/Skulls-and-Roses-62236358

Weekend wearing.

Paco Rabanne Black XS L'Exces for Her.


Before I move on to my next big thing, because there is always another perfume waiting in the wings. My "To Do" boxes are quite full.

This perfume is fun and this perfume works backwards. It starts off smelling sweet and fruity, puzzling because there aren't any fruit notes listed. Something mixing is making a fruit accord? I dunno. It starts off sweetly,  almost a scrubber because it smelled a little too Bath and Body Works to me, like a fruit scented body lotion, blackberry or strawberry,  maybe snozberry. Since I can't pinpoint the non-existent berry I'm smelling it must be  the elusive snozberry.


 
http://suicideblonde.tumblr.com/

Top notes-
neroli  pepper

 middle notes-
jasmine, rose, night blooming cereus

base notes-
vanille and cashmere wood.

 Could be the vanilla, neroli or jasmine smelling sweet, ahhh, who knows?

So it begins sweet, much later it turns deep, the rose arrives and melds into wood. This is a perfume! Finally, it smells like a perfume. A real perfume. It's not the richest, deepest perfume but more of a perfume than any Pink Sugar, Fantasy or any of the modern floral fruity juices. At this point it smells sultry, rich and much more sophisticated than when it started off. At the same time the "fruit" accord turns slightly sour but it smells good. I never thought I'd ever think of a sour smell as pleasant, it's not my usual thing, but it works here.

I wore this to work tonight. The favorite of the week usually gets a public test run on Saturday nights when I'm working. My co-worker, a fruit and berry lovin' gal-I know this because she had brought some berry scented hand lotion  in a while back (wasn't too bad) plus fruit scented air fresheners & candles. And spritz of Vanilla Brown Sugar after she comes in from having a smoke. (I'd rather smell the smoke). She "goes for" fruit & sweet  type scents. She loved this, wanted to know what it was.

"Paco Rabanne."
 "Paco Rabanne? That's mens' cologne, isn't it?"
She's thinking of the classic in the green bottle.
"No, it's womens'.  Black XS L'Exces. It's new."
I am probably pronouncing it wrong, but it doesn't matter. Good luck finding a bottle! I don't think it's been released in the US yet. All I have are 2 tester sprays. Plus I am the "go to person" when any friends want perfume.

Also, a male co-worker started singing "Strawberry Fields" when I went into his section. This guy usually sings while working, but I think it's not much of a coincidence that I'm wearing a perfume I think smells like berries and he starts singing that song. His singing is usually triggered by something, say someone looking for light he'll break out into "Light My Fire", someone looking for directions might bring on "Do You Know The Way to San Jose" and so on. Yes, most of the people I work with are older than me, it's cool. I was the baby of the place for years. Anyway,  it's not me, there IS something berry-ish in this. Not a bad thing, I do like this.

An easy and enjoyable wear, different from my usual routine. Plus it was going strong from 5pm to midnight,  and still lingering on my clothes.

Will I be searching all over for a full size bottle? Well, there aren't any on Ebay US, only samples, and I don't buy internationally unless it's an out of this world deal of the rarest of the rare,  so that's out for now.  My sample sprays will carry me over until the next big thing. There are some new Guerlains at Saks calling me right now: Mon Precieux Nectar, Myrrhe & Delires (which I got sprayed with my last time in, very nice!) and the new Bond no.9 I Love Earth Day or whatever it's called sounds promising. I'll be in during the week for a whiff.....

No comments:

Post a Comment