Friday, November 11, 2011

Molinard de Molinard



Molinard de Molinard. New Love. Vintage bottle of eau de toilette purchased during a crazy buying spree, was meant to be put up for sale but it's a keeper. Floral-fruity my ass, this is as green as I don't know what!  Something about "green" perfumes is uplifting to me, they make me happy : ) Alright, there are "fruit notes" and a black current note in the opening, they give it a tinge of sweetness but that falls by the wayside in no time. Lots of pine, lily of the valley and some sort of marijuana note. For reals, it smells a bit like pot. I did NOT wear this on my recent drugstore trip for fear of the pharmacist would think I was high or something and refuse to fill my script. It smells that much like herb. Well, at least to me and I didn't want to take any chances. And I was in the middle of a long run of wearing this, still am. It's in heavy rotation, especially since my coat reeks (in a good way!) of it.

The pine note makes this very Christmas-y, I will be wearing this around the holidays for sure. Along with Guerlain's Winter Delice.  A little goes a looooong way with MdM, just a spritz down my shirt (none on my wrists or my neck)and I was smelling it all day, and woke up the next day with it still lingering. Does not come off clothes until they've been through the laundry, and even then I still detected a hint.

The Awakening of the Forest 1939 by Paul Delvaux
At first I didn't think of MdM as being a sexy perfume, but after several wearings I've changed my mind. It's sexy in the way it makes me feel, all those strong green notes bursting out make me feel confident and happy, which make me feel, you know, sexy. Damn, this is so zingy, shiny, full of life, how can one not feel fabulous when wearing it?

It's also a comforting scent-without being vanilla, Oriental or gourmand.
How is that? I dunno. It just smells good. Warm. Embraceable. Maybe it's the dry down of musk and amber giving it that warm feeling. Or perhaps because I love and enjoy wearing it-it feels comforting to me.

Now I'm wondering if M de Molinard is the same as Molinard de Molinard or what? It M the reformulation? At one point I had a sample vial of M de Molinard, and guess what? I didn't care for it. The house of Molinard is puzzling to me at times. Miss Habanita IS the same as Miss Molinard. I recently acquired a bottle of Miss M and it's the same except it's richer, so Miss H must be the reformulated version. I think? I'll give both a good wearing and report back on that.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment