Monday, June 13, 2011

What you wearin'? Quickies

Quick thoughts on some things I've been dabbling in lately:

Chanel no. 19 Due to rumors or possible truth that they'll be discontinuing this I got my hands on some vintage. Very chypre, very green, moist, mossy. Very do-able and wearable. Lasted a LONG time on my inner elbow. Luckily if I fall in love with it, I know of 3 places that carry the vintage of this. Not so lucky for my finances.

Chanel no.22 Hello? Anybody home? I got an Eau De Cologne and there's not much happening in that bottle. Where are all the white florals, nutmeg and vanilla that 22 promised? I didn't encounter much of anything during my initial sniff and dabbings late, late, last night. Will try again with a clearer head.


Mariah Carey M. I wanted to try this because of the marshmallow, salt and incense notes, from the almost empty tester I found I managed to squirt a few drops out, not impressed.

Caron Nuit De Noel. I'm not familiar with Caron perfumes, I had never heard of them until I got seriously involved in perfume. All of the Carons I've tried so far are unusual. Nuit De Noel I haven't made up my mind on yet. The dry down is pleasant and on the sweet side, but it's got this oddball note I've encountered in several perfumes that I don't care for-the oddball note is a whole other post in itself.

Zo-Zo The woman in the perfume shop urged me to try this. Zo-Zo (she prounced it as Jo-Jo) was very sweet and flowery. A fruity floral I suppose. I passed, didn't knock my socks off. Haven't been able to find any info on this scent online either.

Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar. Pure yum in a bottle, or in my case a tube. A tube of body butter. I just can't resist the coconut.

YSL Opium I haven't been dabbling in it, a co-worker has. She's been wearing it for years, probably since it was first introduced. It smells wonderful on her, I get a hint of it when she's near me and she moves around. I'm wondering if she's wearing the old or the new formulation? Will ask at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment