Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Shut off

I'm shutting myself off from buying for a while, if possible. It isn't easy, I attempted this before Christmas, before my birthday and failed, there was always something catching my eye or at a deep discount. I did successfully shut myself off for a month during the winter. How about I shut myself off until July 5th? Close to a month. July 4th weekends I work extra hard at my regular job (doubles over the weekend & work the Monday holiday) and I usually buy myself something special for doing so. We'll see how it goes this year.

This punishment was brought on by a  buying episode today. I had saved up some money and patiently waited until I had a free afternoon to go to my favorite perfume store, the one that has loads of old stuff. Today was that afternoon and I spent all the money I brought except for some loose coins in my purse. It's a good thing I had money on my bus pass. $150=5 bottles. I planned on selling 4, the other was for me, but now I'm not so sure, after smelling it on my skin it's not turning me on, it smelled fantastic in the store a couple of weeks ago. BUT my period is due in the next few days, my nose goes haywire right before, I'll have to hold off before making a final decision on these. And I'm not sure about the other 3, they smell sort of promising.

I am almost kicking myself for not buying Habanita today. I had a mini splash, decanted it into an atomizer and have been dabbling in it lately. I'm wearing it now, it's powdery, leathery and with a bit of vanilla, a couple of hours after spraying it I'm getting a hint of the fruit notes from my wrist, or I've spilled something sweet on me, but I haven't had any sweets today. Quite an accomplishment during a bout of PMS. But do I really need a full bottle of Habanita? I'll continue to work on my mini.

During this month of no purchases I will concentrate on some neglected perfumes I haven't fully tested yet. Organize the collection-have been thinking of moving it into a different room. Set aside what I'm definitely keeping, what is sell-able, what to hold for future reference. Oh my, it's going to be a long month.

No comments:

Post a Comment