Friday, June 24, 2011

This Weeks Quick Thoughts

Been busy lately, Hubby was on vacation, his mother has been in the hospital and now is in rehab. Still no idea when she'll be discharged. Yes, the vacation was spent visiting MIL and fixing the car, with a few pit stops between junk yards, garages and hospitals for me to do some sniffing and shopping.

My punishment/no buying period didn't last long. As always there were some irresistible bargains I couldn't refuse. Perfumes below are not recent purchases, I am dipping into my own collection and making decisions about things, somewhat.

Guy Laroche Fidji. I'm on the fence with this one. I was thinking it would be a good summer wear, but it's so light. Light and airy. It reminds me a lot of Calandre, they do share several notes especially in the base. I'm leaning more toward Calandre, Fidji seems to evaporate too quickly on my wrist. My Fidji is a vintage mini splash, sometimes it's difficult to really test a fragrance with a tiny splash. Depends on the juice. Maybe a Fidji bottle will fall into my possession sometime soon.

Jean Patou 1000. I like to wear perfume to bed. What the hell, I wear it all the time anyway. I wore 1000 to bed the other night, for sleeping. For other "bed" purposes I wear Dior Addict, Hubby likes that-that and fruity floral crap. Not my cup of tea but Addict & the sweet stuff seem to get him in the mood. Back to 1000, it smelled delicious at first, but sometime during the night I woke up and took a sniff and it smelled horrible, perhaps I was having a nightmare and it wasn't bad at all?

Gucci 3. LOVE. Love at first sniff. Soapy in a good way, not in a clean sense, as in sort of an oily or fatty soap. It smells rich. Actually, the initial sniff reminded me of something my mother wore way back when, Chanel no.5 came to mind, or perhaps no. 19? My initial sniff was from either an EDP or a parfum, it was a decant and it's even more luxurious than my EDT. It's probably impossible to find the pure parfum now. But  Gucci 3 is a luxurious soap, a touch of citrus (bergamot) and leather. Thick, strong leather. I've had this for a while, been wearing it frequently lately. Someone actually asked me what I was wearing today, she said it smelled great. I hope she doesn't ask where to buy it. Well, I could decant some.

No comments:

Post a Comment