Saturday, June 18, 2011

Treasure Trove

Recently I've been frequenting a different city due to doctor appointments. My first appointment I arrived an hour early so I checked out the shops in this small semi-urban square. A little "downtown" you don't see so much anymore due to the big stores/malls pushing the little guys out. There's several dollar or discount stores, a couple of clothing shops, shoe stores, and a few Indian stores that carry incense, oils and such.

To my AMAZEMENT one of the discount stores and a clothing store (that also sells household items) carry perfumes. Not just any perfumes, but a wide range of them, and old ones at that! They had Caron, which I had never seen in a store prior to this. I bought Caron's Bain De Champange. They also have what looks to be the old formulation of Opium and Rive Gauche, I haven't checked the boxes because I wasn't crazy about their price, I think it was $50 or $60. Chanel no. 19 and no. 5. but I do worry about fake Chanels so I haven't bought any yet. Krizia. Rochas. Montana. Nina Ricci. Patou's Joy, Enjoy and Sublime-but I fear because of the Patou name there will be priced high, not as high as retail but possibly high enough where wouldn't be worth re-selling it.

Ever since I arrive to my appointments early and do a little shopping. The only purchase I kept was the Bain De Champange, the rest has been keeping me in business and paying some bills. BTW my real life job cut back on staffing, I only work 20 or so hours a week, I have to do what I can to pay bills. I did buy some Indian oils, gave a few away, kept a couple. Yesiree, I'll be back there this week, don't know if I'll buy anything, I am on punishment, but if I could find a sleeper or something....

No comments:

Post a Comment