Thursday, November 21, 2013

Victoria's Secret No.1 Feathered Musk

Why this? Somehow or somewhere I read a review of this stuff which led me to seek it out. I think that's how it happened. Normally I don't chase after Musks (unless a lot of peeps describe them as "dirty" and "filthy" then I get curious) Chasing after a Victoria's Secret Perfume? Very rare. The last perfume I liked and owned from them was Halo. Released in 2000, Halo has: top notes of poinsettia, fig leaf, freesia and tiare flower; middle notes are orchid, pepper and vanilla; base note is sandalwood. Back then I fit into the wardrobe offerings of Victoria's Secret so I probably stumbled across Halo while buying some over priced panties.

This feathered Musk. What is a feathered musk? Musk from a bird? Please. And if anyone asks I'll say I'm wearing something else. No way in He// am I admitting to wearing something from VS. Anyhoo, this is a real surprise from VS. An actual perfume that's not all candy/vanilla/flowers/laundry scent. No. 1 develops on the skin and takes twists and turns along the way.

It starts off with something citrus, lime? Bergamot? No citrus is listed in the notes but I smell something zingy. Zingy with hints of coconut and chocolate. I'm not the only one smelling coconut, my husband smelled it, too.
The chocolate is a milk chocolate, not the deep dark chocolate found in Borneo or Coromandel. It isn't along the lines of Elmer's Chocolates (the cheapest, most inferior chocolates that show up on the shelves around Easter, ewww.) but more along the lines of Hersheys. Then it turns tobacco, cherry pipe tobacco, kind of like By Kilian's Back to Black, if I'm remembering the scent correctly. Very strong cherry tobacco. A couple of days ago I was wearing No.1, stepped out of the car and into the cold and I got a blast of cherry tobacco in the freezing cold.  Otherwise it stays close to the skin, it's light and unfortunately doesn't last long. I wind up reapplying this a couple of times a day, several sprays, too. I like to get whiffs from my perfume throughout the day, I don't from this, it's nose-to-skin after a couple of hours. If I could get the body cream that would create some silliage, I can't find it anywhere, it's no longer on the store shelves and not much is on the bay or amazon, mostly the perfumes & body spray are up for sale. Maybe when Vicky has the semi-annual sale, but by the time that rolls around I'll be onto the next big thing.

I've been wearing this for over a week straight. Unusual for me, and I didn't wear anything special on Sunday. Usually I'll wear something, uh, elegant and special and/or different on Sundays, like Joy, or I'll test drive something traditional, it depends on how I feel when I get up. Right now I feel like seeking out my Back to Black sample, I know I have several stashed here somewhere. It really helps when organizing perfumes if I put them in alphabetical order by house, not name. I was in the process of doing that but haven't finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment