Monday, March 5, 2012

If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium

Checking in here. My mother in law is staying with us (fresh out of the hospital/nursing home). As soon as she's all settled in with her meds,  new doctor, visiting nurses, home health aides and a life line call thingy, she will be back at her own apartment. Should be sometime this week.

The meds-I don't know if she'll grasp that. I loaded up the days of the week pill container, lets see, 12 in the morning, 3 in the afternoon plus prilosec, vitamins and other OTC medications. Loaded it all up Thursday night. She spent all Saturday (day & night) & Sunday afternoon at her apartment, had a couple of daughters & their kids staying with her. She returns here Sunday, I look at the pill box and Sunday is still loaded with pills! "Did you take your pills today?" "Oh, si." The better question would have been "Do you know what day it is?" Now, since I loaded this on Thursday night, did I leave Thursday empty since it had passed already, or did I load it all figuring I wouldn't have to worry about it for a whole week? And what did she take today?
Mystery Bottle Monday has been changed to Mystery Meds Sunday
Thursday is empty, perhaps she took those. But what about Thursday night? What did she take as tonight's pills if those are still there?

She didn't take any of mine, I hid them away in my bedroom.

Maybe I should run pieces of electrical tape over the days that are not "today" so she'll have no choice other than taking the correct one. I can see her now,  holding the pill thing taped up and giving Hubby that look that she has when I've done something like I'm cuckoo, which she kind of thinks I am, I think.

  I am ready to tear my hair out over this. I know from taking care of my mother that this job isn't easy and I wasn't suppose to be in charge of MIL's care in the first place, she has other children, 17 in fact, somebody else better get their ass over here.

What does this have to do with perfume?  Well, tonight Hubby suggested I show her some of my "good stuff" so I let her try a spritz of Mitsouko, which she guessed was a man's fragrance.(She likes the fruit cocktail, young type perfumes. The new Nina by Nina Ricci is her favorite.) End of show & tell, lol. If she likes something she will ask me to get her one, a show & tell might give her the idea that these were things she'd be bringing home with her, we have a language barrier issue. Not a good idea to be doing.



Edited: I deleted the negativeness, this isn't the place for it. Again, things should be back to normal in a few days.

Ohhhh, and to deal with the stress I practiced a little retail therapy. Yes, right after my post about money, I grabbed a credit card and snuck over to Saks and Barneys, walking distance from MIL's apartment. I got Musc Ravaguer the 3-10ml vials for $100 & paid in cash. At Saks, I couldn't make up my mind (and was feeling guilty over the Malle) so, feeling like I go in there a lot and haven't bought anything in a long time, I bought Prada Candy, 1.7 oz for $80 on my Saks card. Will pay it off before the month is over. Wore the Candy to work Saturday and felt fabulous.

Tonight, not feeling so fabulous. Ate some delish chocolate ice cream after the pill incident.

Things will be back to normal in a few days....or I'm getting something at Neiman Marcus.

No comments:

Post a Comment