Saturday, March 17, 2012

Checking in

A couple of winter perfumes 2011 & 12
It's funny how one little thing can turn your world upside-down. Having MIL here for a grand total of 17 days has changed my perspective on things, and not really for the better, well, perhaps a positive thing or so. Since her arrival I have not been able to think straight nor have had much peace around here. It led me to take an inventory of my life-what do I want out of it, what are the plans for the future, and I have questioned if I've learned anything from my past.

It has also got me thinking in depth (if that's at all possible because my mind has turned to a nervous mush since 2/29) about selfishness. What reasonable expectations can you have of those around you? When does, uh, I dunno, respect for one's self or self concern cross the line into selfishness? When does selfishness turn into a narcissistic personality disorder? Or histrionic personality disorder? How about having a false sense of entitlement. I'm dealing with some heady shit here. I thought she was a simple,  easy going woman....you learn a lot when you live with someone.

I feel like I'm taking Psych 101 again, but this time it's in real time, with real examples being played out instead of reading it from a textbook.

 BTW her health is fine, physical that is.

Ewwww, this post is getting ugly. Am going to end it here. Or try to....

No comments:

Post a Comment