Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Recent Perfume Adventures

Quickly, because it's my night, no obligations, nothing to do and I'm going to bed early. I need sleep, a quality sleep session. Editing to add: it's now Tuesday, 2am and I am again trying to get into bed early, but here I am writing & reading online, with emails to write, a sink full of dirty dishes. Procrastination.

Madonna Truth or Dare. Am wearing it now. Wore it yesterday.  Regardless of the scent in the bottle, like any celebrity offering, this is a perfume comes with a bit of baggage: Madonna. I have mixed opinions of Madonna. Once I straighten my thoughts out on her (don't hold yer breath!) and wear the scent again I'll report back.



Because I'm too lazy to snap a pic of my bag! favim.com/image/341605/
Chanel: Eau Premiere, Beige, Coco Mademoiselle. I have been on a Chanel kick lately. I have been to the Chanel Boutique. Me? Yes. If the doorman hadn't opened the door as I slowly walked by, still contemplating whether to go in or not, I may not have gone in at all. It's not as intimidating as I thought it would be. Of course the SA who waited on me was friendly and accommodating, but I am there to spend money and her job is to get me to spend it. So $90. later I emerge from the boutique with a bright, gleaming white (and black) shopping bag with the word "Chanel" emblazoned on it, with a camellia flower and a bow with more Chanel printed on it tied to it's handles,  loosely filled inside with a bottle of Coco Mademoiselle and a few samples of the Les Exclisifs line. I had intentions of buying a bottle of Eau Premiere or Coco Mad EDT, but they didn't  the smaller bottles of Eau Premiere, and  had only refill bottles of Coco Mad EDT, no containers to go with the refills.  I bought Coco Mad EDP (you only live once, plus I was iffy on the silliage of the EDT*), sniffed several of the Les Exclusifs,  tucked test strips of Sycomore and no.19 Poudre in my pockets and left with an admiration of Chanel Beige and 31 Rue Cambon, both of which I have to wear a few more times before deciding on which or what to do about them. Those were my samples, Beige, 31 Rue and Jersey. Still pondering them all.

In other news:

Shalimar Parfum Initial. This was not love at first sniff. It was love at second sniff. Review and thoughts in a future post.

Bvlgari Eau De Parfum II. Meh. The notes sounded good, it started off good but shortly faded and dried down into a nothingness. A powdery nothingness. Nada.

Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy. Same as above. Meh. My sample of this has been floating around for about a year or more, I finally give it a whirl and it's blah. The top notes were strong and promising, a short time later it had dried down to a faint hint of powder or something not exciting.

Both  BLV II and 212 are "Meh", as in, I wouldn't run out and buy myself a bottle, but the smell isn't horrible or sickening. You know, mezza mezza. Oh well.....





* Two weeks ago I sprayed myself with Coco Mad EDT during a run-through of Macy's. The little girl SA at the Chanel counter told me they didn't have the EDT in the store. She must not venture out of her Chanel section because I found the EDT not very far away,  displayed prominently on the fragrance counter in the fragrance section, along with the rest of the fragrances. The Chanel counter does have it's own fragrance area. Oh well. Anyhoo, the EDT didn't last long or have much silliage, I'll just apply the EDP with a light hand or else I will overpower myself and that's not good. Small doses of Coco Mad are lovely, big sprays all over are headache inducing.

No comments:

Post a Comment