Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This year I'm thankful that everyone in my family (blood and otherwise) and myself is healthy and happy. Well, healthy enough, I'm thankful that my MIL is not on the verge of anything life threatening. I'm VERY thankful that Hubby is finally trying to take care of his health and is eating more healthy, cut out the salt, cut down on the beer and is trying to eliminate stress. He got the fear of God put into him with a high blood pressure scare a couple of weeks ago. I'm thankful that my Shay & Winnie got a fairly clean bill of health from the vet. I am thankful that my weight is down, not down enough but at least I haven't put any of the 60 pounds that I lost last year back on. You can never be too rich or too thin.

The turkey may have been lopsided, but it was very tasty : )
I'm thankful that me and Hubby have our jobs. I'm thankful that I have a fun job, I work with fantastic bunch of people and that I can come & go as I please from there. I'm thankful to have a work husband, a work wife, a work sister, a work mother-so many friends, so many roles and I love them all. They're like family to me. I'm thankful that I'm getting a turkey from work this year and I'm going to cook it with all the fixins': stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, squash, pumpkin pie. Hmmmm, where are the vegetables?


Note to self: Do not attempt anything daring with the stuffing again. I don't know what came over me, but while making the stuffing I got the urge to cut up an apple and add it in. What goes good with apples? Cinnamon and cloves so those went in, too. I stuck the regular stuffing in one end, the apple concoction in the other. It was ok, a bit spicy (too much cloves) but the regular stuffing was much, much better!

Let the games begin.........it's now after midnight so it's Hubby's birthday. It's Black Friday. Monday is Cyber Monday. Tuesday is out anniversary.  It's a crazy week here. I didn't get a cake, we have enough stuff in the house right now. Wonder if we have any balloons?

No comments:

Post a Comment