Friday, October 28, 2011

The Month in Pictures, Some Notes, Sounds and a Few Words

Have been digging My Morning Jacket lately.

 



 Distilled Oil of Costus Aplotaxis lappa root. Stimulant, "aphrodesiac", repels insects. Helps to preserve woolens. Heavy "oriental type" aroma used in perfumery. Blends well with Sandalwood, vetivert, patchouli, rose and violet leaf absolute. Very strong and tenacious.

Very intriguing. Need to get my nose into some of this, the "dirty hair/scalp" smell. I can't imagine how it would be in perfume. A few years ago I got into a cab that reeked of dirty, greasy scalp, the cabbie must have needed a shampoo and was probably scratching his head whenever he had the chance.






 The van broke down....I will be taking cabs and subway until he gets a new car or something. Wonder if I'll ever get in the costus cab again, lol.  No more driving around, dropping people off after work, picking up coffee before work-which I've become addicted to, need to have a coffee a day, sometimes more. That medium iced coffee that once seemed so big and lasted the whole day doesn't seem so big anymore and disappears quicker than I'd like. Anyway, I hope the new ride has a working radio.
 It snowed tonight. Yes, it's still October and snow. Didn't amount to much, melted as soon as it hit the ground but stuck to bushes and grass. Winter is coming and sooner than usual. Earlier today I hung up all my winter coats, my vintage furs and scarves because I'll be wearing them soon. BTW I hate snow.



Drugstore chasing. It's a sad state of affairs when the drugstores & pharmacies in your city are out of your meds and you have to call ALL of the surrounding ones in order to get a refill. Had to travel to another city, off the beaten path. Will have to do the same thing next month, like I didn't have enough to do already.





What I've been up to....






 Miss Dior. Another "buy to sell" that's not leaving this house, unless it's stashed in my purse for later applications.

I don't know how I can stay in business if I'm hoarding all the juice for myself!
Nothing new to report from the YSL line of fragrances. The ad reminded me of a phone call....

No comments:

Post a Comment