Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Just one of those days

I've been slightly sick for the past couple of days, possible oncoming head cold: infrequent stuffy nose, the feeling that my head is stuffy, cloudy, feeling "off", tired, oh, everything. My husband got a 48 hour or so bug, maybe I was getting it, too. I worked all through it, had to. Felt so bad Sunday night after work I checked my blood pressure and blood sugar to make sure it wasn't something else. All fine. Went to bed at 11 pm, VERY early for me. And my period is due so I've been munching on actual potato chips, ice cream, with some dark chocolate thrown in.

Enough about my physical ailments, I'm feeling better now. The rest, potato chips and chocolate really helped!

Ever have one of those days when everything smells horrible? Today is one for me. Started off wearing Thierry Mugler's La Rose Angel, which smelled lovely. Unusual, too, I'm not really a fan of Angel, in fact I don't care for it. After changing my clothes at the end of the day, Angel had worn off and I felt like trying something that was new to me: Rochas Alchmie. Good God, after a couple of sniffs I got a headache. Couldn't stand it, a scrubber. After one washing I still could smell it, more subdued but headache inducing. Washed the dishes, more soap on my hands and it was gone. Then I was in the mood for something tried & true and coconutty: Versace Crystal Noir, which I have in a 2ml sprayer, decanted from my mini parfum. An unmarked, unlabeled sprayer.* Did I get that mixed up & use the wrong stuff? Ewww, another headache! Actually, it does smell as I remember Crystal Noir, but it's bothering me, it's not giving me the comforting, pleasant scent and feeling it once did. Blah. I took a whiff of my bottle of Bulgari Jasmine Noir and that also smelled like crap.

Everything smells wrong today. Maybe it's the possible head cold? I give up. I'm going to bed now and may dab on some Shalimar extrait, and if that smells wrong I'm going to eat some pancakes.

*Edited to add:  Today, 8 days later I came across my Crystal Noir, the bottle which I thought was unlabeled. It's labeled  & smells fine. The stuff I sprayed that night was still sitting where I left it. Wonder what it is? Looks like it's from Sephora, one of those clear, small sprayers, although it's slightly too tall. And I usually keep my samples from Sephora in the labeled baggies they provide. Might be Midnight Poison. Whatever it is, I don't like it. I'm going to organize my decants/samples tonight, been meaning to to that for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment